- August 8 – Creation of NC State’s strategic plan announced
- September 3 – Leadership retreat held, with participants representing all of NC State
- December 12 – Strategic plan task forces announced
- February 11 – Strategic plan task forces rosters and websites announced
- February – May – Task forces launched, charged and holding open meetings to gather input and prepare white papers..
- March – Strategic Planning Executive Steering Committee (SPESC) charged
- March 6 – Strategic planning presentation and discussion at Board of Visitors meeting
- June 1 – Task force white papers are due
- Summer – SPESC to integrate task force reports into a draft university strategic plan
- Fall – Draft strategic plan to be posted and stakeholders given opportunity to comment.
- Late fall – Board of Trustees to approve the strategic plan.