Links to the 2019-20 Strategic Planning task forces are available at https://strategicplan.ncsu.edu/nc-states-next-strategic-plan/task-forces/.
In 2010, nine task forces were identified as a result of a day long planning retreat held with University Council and members of the Strategic Planning Steering Committee. Chairs and potential members of task forces were identified by the Strategic Planning Steering Committee with the help of University Council.
The task forces that guided the direction of the NC State strategic plan included:
- Campus Culture and Community
- Comprehensiveness and Interdisciplinarity
- Faculty Excellence
- Global Engagement and Competitiveness
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Program Development
- Partnerships, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Research and Scholarship
- Resource Strategies
- Undergraduate Student Success
The most important part of the strategic planning process took place within the task forces as they met and worked with the campus community from September to November. Task forces prepared and presented their reports to the Strategic Planning Committee in December.